Important Disclosures& Disclaimers
The Portal is intended exclusively for the use of the persons to whom we have granted access and the information provided therein is confidential and may not be reproduced in its entirety or in part, or redistributed to any party in any form, without the prior written consent of Evoke Wealth, LLC d/b/a EvokeAdvisors (“EVOKE”). Information contained in this Portal is current only as of the date specified, regardless of the time of delivery or of any investment, and EVOKE does not undertake any duty to update the information set forth in the Portal. The information contained in the Portal does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to purchase or sell any securities, including any securities or alternative investments recommended by EVOKE. Regarding alternative investments, any such offer or solicitation may be made only by means of the delivery of a confidential private offering memorandum which will contain material information not included herein regarding, among other things, information with respect to risks and potential conflicts of interest. No representation is made that any client will or is likely to achieve its objectives, that EVOKE’s strategies, investment processor risk management will be successful, or that any client will or is likely to achieve results comparable to any shown or will make any profit or will not suffer losses or loss of principal. Investing involves risks. You should not construe the contents of the Portal as legal, tax, investment or other advice.
The returns presented on the Portal are for information purposes only and are not an indicator of the returns you may expect in the future. The returns presented include the returns of various benchmarks that have been selected because they are well known, broad-based market indices. The returns of the benchmarks do not reflect the deduction of any advisory fees, expenses, transaction costs or taxes. Investments may not be made directly into an index.
PAST RESULTS ARENOT NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS. No representation is made that results similar to those shown can be achieved. Investments in alternative funds that EVOKE recommends, and accounts that EVOKE manages, may lose value. Investment results will fluctuate. Certain market and economic events having a positive impact on performance may not repeat themselves.Calculation of gross returns and net returns are for the stated time period only. Net performance results are net of management fees, commissions, and other direct expenses, but before custody charges, withholding taxes, and other indirect expenses, and may include the reinvestment of dividends dependent on instructions provided by the client. Gross performance results are net of commissions and other direct expenses, but before management fees, custody charges, withholding taxes and other indirect expenses. Actual fees will vary depending on the applicable fee schedule and account size, among other factors. Performance results may be based on unaudited, preliminary information and subject to change. There are no assurances that unrealized investments will be realized at the valuations used to calculate the information contained in the Portal, as actual realized returns will depend on, among other factors, future operating results, the value of the assets and market conditions at the time of disposition, any related transaction costs, and the timing and manner of sale, all of which may differ from the assumptions on which the valuations used to calculate the information contained in the Portal are based. The performance presented in the Portal may reflect the performance of an account managed by the EVOKE team when at a prior firm and, consistent with applicable law and SEC staff guidance, is presented only for the time period during which the EVOKE team was responsible for achieving such performance at the prior firm.
Certain information included on the Portal is based upon information reasonably available to EVOKE as of the date noted therein. Furthermore, the information included on the Portal has been obtained from sources EVOKE believes to be reliable; however, these sources cannot be guaranteed as to their accuracy or completeness. No representation, warranty or undertaking, express or implied, is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in the Portal and no liability is accepted for the accuracy or completeness of any such information. EVOKE maintains historical materials and disclosures on the Portal for archival and regulatory purposes. The information contained in such materials and disclosures is believed to be reliable at the time it is initially presented, and EVOKE assumes no responsibility for updating information to reflect subsequent developments.
The Portal may contain certain “forward-looking statements,” which concern events or developments that EVOKE expects or believes will or may occur in the future. Forward-looking statements may be identified by the use of such words as “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “should,” “planned,” “estimated,”“potential,” “outlook,” “forecast,” “plan” and other similar terms. All such forward-looking statements are conditional and are subject to various factors, including, without limitation, general and local economic conditions, changing levels of competition within certain industries and markets, changes in interest rates and availability of leverage, changes in legislation or regulation, and other economic, competitive, governmental, regulatory and technological factors, any or all of which could cause actual results to differ materially from projected results. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees that future performance will correspond with projected results.
Cash flow projections may display information limited to the next five years, though the forward-looking projections obtained from third parties byEVOKE span until each alternative investments’ fund life ends. EVOKE deﬁnes the end of an alternative investment’s fund life as either when the investment has been sold or otherwise disposed of or the contractual term date as indicated in the private placement memorandum.
Pro-forma results, including ones regarding hypothetical illustrative portfolios, do not reflect the management of actual assets, are for informational purposes only and have inherent limitations, some of which are described herein, including that they do not reflect a client’s investment considerations (such as liquidity needs or tax consequences) and do not reflect the impact that economic and market factors, including concentration, lack of liquidity or market disruptions, may have on investment decisions for such client or account and would have presumably caused us to make investment decisions not reflected in the hypothetical portfolio results. The performance of the pro-forma portfolios provided is not indicative of the future performance of any actual investment portfolio. There is no guarantee that any actual investment portfolio will have the same characteristics, achieve the same results, will be successful in the future or will not incur losses. If there are any material differences between our management of a client account and the pro-forma portfolio and results, the pro-forma information is not as representative, and its illustration value is decreased substantially.
As used in the Portal, “targeted” returns or characteristics refer to ex-ante objectives in the portfolio management process; whereas “expected”returns or characteristics refer to expectations based on the application of mathematical principles to portfolio attributes and/or historical data and do not represent a guarantee. There is no guarantee that targeted or expected returns or other characteristics will be realized or achieved, or that an investment strategy will be successful.
Taxable Income Estimates (“Estimates”) presented in the Portal is provided by third party sources and are not, and should not be interpreted as, investment advice. EVOKE is not responsible for third-party errors. No representation is made to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of information and EVOKE assumes no obligation to update or revise such information. EVOKE does not provide accounting, tax or legal advice, and accordingly nothing contained in these Estimates should be considered accounting, tax or legal advice. By providing the recipient with theseEstimates, EVOKE is not recommending, explicitly or implicitly, any particular tax treatment, nor is EVOKE suggesting that certain tax treatments are appropriate for the recipient. We strongly recommend that you consult your tax advisor to determine the proper tax treatment of these Estimates. Gross taxable income is estimated and annualized for the period ending December 31. TheseEstimates do not reflect portfolio deductions as they are nondeductible beginning in tax year 2018 to investors who are not corporations. Corporations may refer to the appropriate Schedule K-1 reporting to estimate applicable tax year portfolio deductions. Please consult your tax advisor. Note that these are estimated figures and are subject to change without notice. Due to numerous reasons, taxable income in your final tax document may differ substantially.
HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE AND CASH FLOW PROJECTION RESULTS ARE FOR ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES ONLY AND HAVE MANY INHERENT LIMITATIONS, ASSUMPTIONS AND BIASES,INCLUDING SUBJECTIVITY. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN. IN FACT, THERE FREQUENTLY ARE SHARP DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE AND CASH FLOW PROJECTION RESULTS AND THE ACTUAL RESULTS SUBSEQUENTLY ACHIEVED BY ANY PARTICULAR INVESTMENT PROGRAM.
HYPOTHETICAL INVESTMENTS DO NOT INVOLVE FINANCIAL RISK, AND NO HYPOTHETICAL INVESTMENT RECORD CAN ACCOUNT COMPLETELY FOR THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL RISK IN ACTUAL INVESTMENTS.FOR EXAMPLE, THE ABILITY TO WITHSTAND OSSES OR TO ADHERE TO A PARTICULAR INVESTMENT PROGRAM IN SPITE OF INVESTMENT LOSSES ARE MATERIAL POINTS WHICH ALSO CAN ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL INVESTMENT RESULTS. THERE ARE NUMEROUS OTHER FACTORS RELATED TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ANY SPECIFIC INVESTMENT PROGRAM WHICH CANNOT BE FULLY ACCOUNTED FOR IN THE PREPARATION OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND ALL OF WHICH CAN ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL INVESTMENT RESULTS.
EVOKE is an SEC-registered investment adviser. A copy of current Form ADVPart 2A is available upon request or at https://www.adviserinfo.sec.gov/.Registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training but only indicates that EVOKE has registered its business with state and federal regulatory authorities, including the SEC. The information in the Portal has not been approved or verified by the SEC or by any state securities authority.
If the following indices are included in the information presented in your Portal account, the following definitions apply:
· Bloomberg Barclays Global High Yield Index- is a multi-currency flagship measure of the global high yield debt marketBloomberg Barclays Municipal 7 Year Index - is a subset of the BarclaysMunicipal Bond Index that measures the performance of investment-grade issues with remaining maturities of seven to eight years.
· Bloomberg Barclays US Aggregate Bond Index- A market-capitalization-weighted index measuring the investment grade, US dollar-denominated, fixed-rate, taxable bond market.
· Bloomberg Barclays US Corporate Bond Index- measures the investment grade, fixed-rate, taxable corporate bond market. It includes USD-denominated securities publicly issued by US and non-US industrial, utility and financial issuers.
· Barclays Managed Money Short/Interm (TR)- is a rules-based, market-value weighted index comprised of publicly traded municipal bonds that cover the U.S. dollar denominated short-term tax-exempt bond market, including state and local general obligation bonds, revenue bonds, insured bonds, and pre-refunded bonds
· MSCI All Country World Index - Captures large- and mid-cap representation across 23 developed markets and 26 emerging markets countries. The index covers approximately 85% of the global investable equity opportunity set.
· MSCI EAFE Index - Represents the performance of large- and mid-cap securities across 21developed markets, including countries inEurope, Australasia and the Far East, excluding the U.S. and Canada. The index covers approximately 21% of the free float-adjusted market capitalization in each of the 21 countries.
· MSCI Emerging Markets Index - Represents the performance of large- and mid-cap securities in 26 emerging markets. The index covers approximately 85% of the free float-adjusted market capitalization in each of the 26 countries.
· Russell 2000 Index - is an index measuring the performance of approximately 2,000 smallest-cap American companies in theRussell 3000 Index, which is made up of 3,000 of the largest U.S. stocks. It isa market-cap weighted index.
· Russell 3000 Value Index - is based on theRussell 3000 Index, which measures the performance of the 3,000 largest publicly held companies incorporated in America, as defined by total market capitalization.
· S&P 500 Index - A market-capitalization-weighted index of the 500 largest U.S. publicly traded companies.
If the following performance metrics are included in the information presented in your Portal account, the following definitions apply:
· Value – The estimated market value based on the last appraised and/or reported valuation plus/minus capital activity at a point in time.
· Starting Value – The estimated market value at the start of a given period.
· Ending Value - The estimated market value at the end of a given period.
· % - Proportion of an asset relative to the portfolio of which it forms a part.
· Net Transfers – A metric that displays the amount of cash flowing into or out of a portfolio.
· Income – The aggregate of income types such as accrued interest, dividends and interest.
· Net Gain/Loss - The amount an investment has gained or lost over a period of time as a result of price appreciation or depreciation plus all expenses & accrued income.
· Change in Value – Total value change from the beginning of the period to the end.
· Time Weighted Return - is a measure of the compound rate of growth in a portfolio. The TWR measure is often used to compare the returns of investment managers because it eliminates the distorting effects on growth rates created by inflows and outflows of money. The time-weighted return breaks up the return on an investment portfolio into separate intervals based on whether money was added or withdrawn from the asset.